- 4 cups heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 pint Hilton's Willapoint Oysters and liquor, separated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves, chervil, or chives
- Salt and pepper
To remove grit, strain the oyster liquor through a fine-meshed sieve or cheese cloth.
In a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream and oyster liquor from the oysters to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the celery and a pinch of the salt and sweat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion and continue cooking until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery seed, hot pepper sauce, and oysters and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the edges of the oysters start to curl.
Transfer the oysters to the carafe of a blender and add enough of the cream just to cover. Puree until the mixture is smooth. Return the remaining cream to medium heat, add the pureed mixture, and cook until heated through. Just before serving, add the lemon juice, chopped herbs, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
(for 12 lb. fowl)
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup finely diced celery
- ¾ cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg well-beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8-ounce container Hilton's Willapoint Oysters
Sauté celery and onion lightly in butter. Cut each oyster into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix all ingredients thoroughly, stuff fowl, and roast.
- 1 8-ounce or 16-ounce container Hilton's Willapoint Oysters
- 1 cup corm meal
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or cooking fat
Drain oysters. Dip prepared oysters in egg, then in corm meal, coating thoroughly. Set aside to dry. Heat oil or fat in frying pan to 370 degrees Fahrenheit (or until quite hot). Fry oysters until golden brown on one side, then turn carefully to brown the other (about 4 minutes on each side) Serve immediately. Serves 3-5.